Kavya Shivashankar, 13, won the Scripps National Spelling Bee with the word, "Laodicean", meaning "lukewarm or indifferent to politics or religion". I won my school's spelling bee in 8th grade and got past the regional spelling bee but I kinda lost in the oral bee, hehe. My word that I lost to was "polyphony", spelled it "polyphany". I was super nervous so a slip like was bound to happen. I knew the word but my mouth was not cooperating with me that day... Yikes! Anyways, that was impressive win for Kavya. But it was certainly not surprising. She had a foreboding expression upon approaching the microphone but had a huge smile that screamed "I got this". Right away, I knew she would win. Again, congrats to Kavya!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Spelling Bee Champion
Kavya Shivashankar, 13, won the Scripps National Spelling Bee with the word, "Laodicean", meaning "lukewarm or indifferent to politics or religion". I won my school's spelling bee in 8th grade and got past the regional spelling bee but I kinda lost in the oral bee, hehe. My word that I lost to was "polyphony", spelled it "polyphany". I was super nervous so a slip like was bound to happen. I knew the word but my mouth was not cooperating with me that day... Yikes! Anyways, that was impressive win for Kavya. But it was certainly not surprising. She had a foreboding expression upon approaching the microphone but had a huge smile that screamed "I got this". Right away, I knew she would win. Again, congrats to Kavya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment