Friday, May 22, 2009

Ampharos

130Here's a new thing - with posts like these, I will be reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of a Pokémon. Remember, this is just based on opinions and I am not a mega-geek and I don't calculate everything thoroughly like the people at Serebii.net do. But that's not to say I copy from them! This is 100% my stuff and if there is any similarities between my stuff and their stuff, then I must be doing something right! Nonetheless, enjoy!

Ampharos is an electric-type Pokémon and is the final evolution form in the Mareep family, evolving from Flaafy at level 30. Seeing as Ampharos is the blog's mascot, we'll start with it. 

Base Stats:
HP ~ 90
Attack ~ 75
Defense ~ 75
Special Attack ~ 115
Special Defense ~ 90
Speed ~ 55

Ability: Static ~ Something physical hits and it's a 30% chance the opponent is stunned. 

Resists: Flying (1/2x), Steel (1/2x) , Electric (1/2x). ~  Weak to: Ground (2x)

Overview:
Unlike most electric types, where speed is the most attractive quality, Ampharos falls into the rare exception. Its speed is mediocre while its special stats are decent. Three resistances give it tiny bit of edge but not much. A weakness to ground moves is a generic weakness and you must deal with it as with any electric types. While Ampharos is deemed special in my blog, battling-wise, it kinda sucks. It's movepool is bland and the mediocre speed is devastating... Let's see what I can do....

Jimmy's Movesets for Ampharos:

Charger

Moves:
- Power Gem (Level 59)
- Signal Beam (Level 42) 
- Thunderbolt (TM 24)
- Charge Beam (TM 57) 

Nature:
Bold (Def. + / Atk. -) 

Charge Beam will the catalyst for this moveset. If you have an Ampharos with a nature boosting speed, it still probably wouldn't go first as its speed stat sucks as is anyways. Therefore, a good defense will be need to brace your first move. Charge Beam sometimes increases your special attack, which is what I aim for. Then, Thunderbolt it. It has a reliable accuracy rate and has STAB on top of that. Signal Beam and Power Gem are just increase its diversity in moves so it can attack different types of Pokemon. 

Other Strategies:
- Throw a Substitute and then do Focus Punch for an almost fail-proof smack down. For this, an Attack boosting nature will be needed. 
- Charge + Thunderbolt = Mega Thunderbolt




1 comment:

  1. Is Ampharos your fave or something? It's even your site mascot!

    ReplyDelete

Ampharos

Ampharos
Site Mascot