Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Rain

Sometimes I wonder
Why the rain falls on
Those who see their sorrow
On each blade of grass

Sometimes I seek the answer
Cautious and meticulous
I never seem pretentious
But my focus never clarified

Sometimes I see the answer
Flickering like fireflies
Always scintillant
Brilliant in the rain

I see it in this lone flower
This daffodil amongst a valley of rocks
Stuck to a side of a crevice
It yearns for serenity and shelter

For even though those people see sorrow
Reflected in tiny mirrors in dew-painted grass
Those peltering stones of water
Sheets of rain
Casting shadows atop their backs
Masking their tears

Those blades of grass
And that very lone daffodil
Endure it all
Taking it all in
Embracing reality
The truth

Those people in the rain
They are like fireflies
Although briefly losing light
The lone daffodil sparkles in the sun
And the rain that shrounds the sad
Becomes nothing but lies

And thus
Sometimes I wonder
Why the rain falls on
Those who see their sorrow
On each blade of grass

But always I know
The rain falls
Because it must
To test their will
And sorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ampharos

Ampharos
Site Mascot